Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Its been a while

I have not been feeling the whole blogging/interweb thing for a few weeks now. Life has been crazy but not in a way that I want to write about on the internet.
I deleted my facebook and my twitter for now. I considered getting rid of this and my tumblr as well but I decided against that, just limiting time spent on here instead.
I am so bad at being passive aggressive on the interwebs and this needed to stop. I just spend too much of my day looking at other peoples lives that I forget that mine is waiting here needing to be lived. Ive been dealing with finding out who my friends are as well and it just hurts to make a call/ send a txt and have it ignored but then see a status update someone made with their phone about what they are doing...Im over obsessing over if people like me or not, I'm over sharing my life online where people dont have to ask how Im doing they can simply read about it and then forget that I am a person who needs real life attention too. If people want to be in my life they can pick up their phones or come to my house. Im over begging for old friendships to exist. And obviously this is about people that are local I'm not saying if you live in Vermont that you need to keep up with me on a day to day basis. Just the people that I have known/worked with/hungout with for years who only act interested when they happen to see me out or when they see a "juicy' potential piece of gossip online and remember that I have a phone. I think if you are only interested in a friendship when its convenient then just dont talk to me at all...


I prolly sound really dramatic right now and Im not trying to Im just kinda word vomiting and venting to myself.
Theres a ton more but I dont need to bore yall with specifics. Just letting you know I'm not going to be on here more often and to the people that I regularly talk to feel free to email me or whatevs if you want to stay in touch. I dont even know if Ill always keep my twitter and fb deactivated but for right now it works for me. I feel less stressed like a silly social burden has been lifted from my shoulders....

4 comments:

  1. i totally know how you feel. i hate flakes and need to weed those out of my life. it feels better when you do and you find out who are truly your friends. big hug sweetie!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life gets like this nice in a while, I would say it's good for us to have these moments. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am guilty of this as well. I try way too hard to keep old friendships going when I know that I should just let them go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the things I like about blogging and not "social networking"
    It seems like its a community of people who care. Its nice to know Im not the only one and that other people understand.

    ReplyDelete