Sunday, April 3, 2011

Today

When I was 17 I got sent 1000 miles away to live in a group home. Its a long story and I don't really want to explain it on here but the short end is I fought my way through and made it back to TN ahead of schedule. The last 3 years I have spent trying my best to get over what I went through and I thought that, besides a few flashbacks here and there, I was well and over it. Last week someone who was connected to the group home came to my work...the first time I have seen anyone that even knew that place existed and I had to see him at work where I could not escape. I really didn't think it would effect me like it has but I can not get the memories out of my head. This past week my mind has been playing a reel over and over and over. It feels so strange really. Back then I carefully blocked it all out thinking if I couldn't remember big chunks of my life I would get over it quicker...but Im remembering things now. Sorry to not be light and cheerful but I am kind of a wreck currently. I wish I had someone who knows what Im talking about to chat with. No one here can possibly understand. My poor little brain is confused and when I can sleep I have these crazy dreams that seem so real.
Have any of yall gone through something crazy hard??

No comments:

Post a Comment