Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Zucchini Bread

Yesterday I made delicious zucchini bread because I am a cooking fiend. Hopefully yall dont get fed up with all my cooking adventures.
I got this recipe from the ever perfect Paula Dean, Id show you a picture of my cookbook but its really worn and has dripped food all over it haha. This is one of my favorite recipes. Even if you say you can not cook I promise you will be able to make this really easily. Also you can substitute the Zucchini for Pumpkin if you prefer it and still use the same recipe. This makes 2 loaves if you use the small pans, I dont think it really matters too much what you bake it in.

You will need:

Dry Ingredients
3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp  ground cinnamon
3 cups sugar

Wet Ingredients
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs (beaten)
2/3 cups water
2 cups Zucchini
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Now with the zucchini I used 3 large ones and it ended up making a little over 4 cups which is why I made so many loaves and the recipe calls for grated zucchini which is hard to do so I just throw it in the food processor. In baking it seems like you can just mess with stuff, you dont really have to be exact. Oh and my mom takes the skin off when she makes it. I dont which makes it really green so do whatever you want.

Anyways put the oven on 350 degrees. First mix all the dry ingredients together then mix the wet ones separately. After you do this fold the wet into the dry until its mixed really well. Then all that's left is to put them into the pans and cook for an hour. Make sure and stick a tooth pick into them to make sure they are done all the way through. Dont worry as you can see it makes a mess but that is part of the fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment